Fall has arrived !!!
To celebrate the arrival of this season I adore, the other day I made some ‘Sweet Potato Waffles‘ … for those following me, you remember I accompanied it with a ‘Pumpkin Pie’ smoothie. This sweet treat was already delicious, but I decided to raise the creativity level for the recipe to share on the blog 😀
What does that mean ????
Well, inspired by my addiction to Starbucks Frappuccinos (nobody is perfect), I turned my smoothie into a ‘Smoothiccino’ (total creation but too late I got the word rights :p )
I let you discover the recipe … trying it, is loving it !! Yes, yes, I assure you…
So get your apron,
Ingredients (2 people):
The smoothie base
– 150g Pumpkin (previously cooked and chopped)
– 100ml of unsweetened Almond milk
– 3/4 of an Apple or 100g
– 1/2 Banana or 50g
– 1 tbsp Honey
– 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp ground Ginger
– 1 pinch of Cumin seeds
– 10 Almonds
– 1/4 of an Apple or 50g
– 3 tbsp of Oat flakes
– 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
– 1 tsp Coconut sugar (or other)
– 1 tsp Pumpkin seeds or seeds mix
For the ‘Smoothiccino’
– 1 cold Espresso or 40ml coffee
– Whipped cream (plain, flavored with cinnamon or vanilla)
– Mix all ingredients for the smoothie base, keep it aside.
– For the topping, cut the apple 50g into very small dices (in brunoise) and coat the dices with cinnamon powder and sugar. Roast in a pan with oat flakes and seeds. The mixture should caramelize slightly and dry (like a granola)
– In each glass, put the coffee (20ml per glass), add a tbsp of topping mixture, pour the smoothie base and add an other tbsp of topping mixture. Top with whipped cream and garnish with the remaining topping.
– Treat yourself !!
(use large straws because of the chunks)
For a version ‘Frozen Smoothiccino ‘, use an apple and a banana that you have previously frozen (peel and cut into pieces before freezing). At your preference to add or not topping, coffee and whipped cream. In the photo below, I only used the base as ‘Frozen Smoothie’ to contrast with the warm waffles.
For a version ‘Smoothiccino bowl‘, consider the quantities of the recipe for a single person, pour the smoothie in a bowl and add the topping. Instead of whipped cream use 2-3 tbsp Greek yogurt. At your preference to keep or not the coffee 😉 If you don’t want it, you can add a few drops of vanilla extract in the yogurt.
Ideas are countless, so be creative! Do not hesitate to leave me a comment to share your thoughts or opinions 😉
Bon Appétit !